We're seeking original illustrations from Australian school-aged students (aged 5 - 18) to publish in a unique picture book by the team at Wombat Books.
Winning illustrations will be published in a new book which is due for release in 2021. Illustrators will receive two free copies of the book. They will be acknowledged on the Wombat Books website and social media. This is the fourth challenge Wombat Books has run. We want to create a unique and special picture book by Aussie children for everyone to treasure and have fun with.
If you have entered one of the previous illustration challenge we don't require you to purchase a previous illustration book this year. You can enter by paying the entry fee of $7.50.
Can I Sleep Tomorrow?
A sleep adventure by the Wombat Books team! Click here for the text to work on.
When illustrating the book, choose animals, features, characters or anything related to the illustration suggestions.
We want this book to be a real compilation of Aussie kids and Aussie places.
lllustrate your picture on an A3 or A4 sheet (landscape). Allow space for the text by making some of your picture faded or with less detail (check out how we have set up our previous books to see what to do!).
This year there are new entry requirements. Please follow these for your entries to be considered for publication in Can I Sleep Tomorrow?:
ENTRIES CLOSE 30 November 2020
1. Choose one or multiple spreads from Can I Sleep tomorrow? to illustrate. Use an A4 or A3-size page (landscape) for each illustration spread. Each spread must have a separate illustration. Your page may be a single or double page, but ensure it matches and expands creatively on the text. Every spread must be illustrated in landscape (NOT portrait).
2. The fee to enter for previous entrants is $7.50.
3. All submissions must come via post to our address: PO Box 302, Chinchilla QLD 4413. We suggest registering your mail with AusPost to make sure it gets to us!
4. Please include an entry form with each submission. Access this here.
- 5. Please do not bend, fold or crinkle your illustration. It unfortunately cannot be considered for publication if it is folded. We do accept high-resolution photocopies of the original illustration if you want to keep your original safe.
6. Please put your name in pencil on the back of your illustration.
7. If you are a teacher submitting on behalf of students, it is still required that full details are provided for any student entering.
8. You may submit multiple illustrations. You are not required to purchase more than one copy of our Illustration Challenge books to do so.
9. Unfortunately we are unable to send entries back after judging. We’ll find a special place in our Wombat office for them.
10. Entries must arrive by 30 November 2020.